Administrative Assistant– Full-Time
First Presbyterian Church of Pittsburgh
Job Profile: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for fostering a welcoming, faith-focused environment for church members and visitors. This position also maintains church records and assists with maintaining efficient office operations.
- Greet visitors, provide assistance or refer them to proper staff person.
- Utilize security systems to ensure internal security of office environment.
- Answer telephone and provide assistance or forward call as appropriate.
- Welcome visitors to view the Church/Chapel.
Bulletins and Record Keeping
- Design, print and distribute Sunday bulletins.
- Maintain church records: church attendance, mailing lists, membership status.
- Assist with preparing song sheets, inserts and flyers.
- Maintain master calendar of all church activities.
- Maintain and distribute prayer updates and shut-in information.
- Activate Prayer Chains (Session, Deacons & e-Prayer Contacts).
- Purchase items for church ministries and coordinate with other ministry organizations
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and ensure orderly office environment.
- Maintain office equipment and arrange for repairs.
- Sort and distribute daily mail for staff and church leadership.
- Maintain information on bulletin boards, tract rack, etc.
- Coordinate special mailings such as stewardship campaigns.
- Provide clerical support to all program staff and church committees.
- Active and committed practicing Christian
- Strong administrative skills with ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Professional demeanor and conscientious work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Attention to detail with an eye for excellence.
- Ability to operate office equipment and work with vendors to ensure smooth operation.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Products. Capable of maintaining up-to-date computer skills as technology changes.
- Graphic design experience
- Proficient in the use of social media
To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com