Maintenance Supervisor (Full time)
First Presbyterian Church of Pittsburgh
320 Sixth Avenue
Pittsburgh PA 15222
Seeking an experienced Maintenance Supervisor who will be responsible for the routine maintenance, upkeep, and cleanliness of the historic church building and grounds.
- Develop, in coordination with the Trustees, and maintain a plan for maintenance of the facility.
- Oversee the maintenance and security of all aspects of the building and grounds. This will include painting and minor repairs to plumbing, electrical, air conditioning and heating equipment (in coordination with maintenance contractor).
- Interior cleaning responsibilities include cleanliness of Sanctuary, Lounge, Chapel, Sunday School classrooms and restrooms, including hallways and staircases.
- Exterior responsibilities include cleanliness and upkeep of front church steps and all grounds plus keeping front church sign up to date with current events held at the church.
- Interface with building vendors who perform security checks, boiler maintenance, elevator maintenance, etc.
- Cost effective ordering of all cleaning and maintenance supplies.
- Set up and breakdown for all events held at the church.
- Serve as a backup to running the sound system during weekday services.
- Responsible for supervising the Evening Custodian position.
- Must be willing to work alternating Sundays and other events as required.
- Perform related duties as requested.
- Must pass all clearances
- Working knowledge of plumbing, heating, electrical, and air conditioning systems.
- Skill in the care and use of tools and equipment used in the trades.
- Physical strength and agility sufficient to perform extended manual tasks; must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience with boiler systems.
- Course work from a vocational or technical school in some of the trades: heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, electrical.
Position will be full time with medical benefits, vacation, and 403 (b) matching contributions.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.